Site Marker--Sullivan's Bridge The Site of General Sullivan's Bridge Erected by The American Army 1777-1778 Destroyed by Freshets in the winter of 1778-1779 this stone is erected by the Historical Society of Montgomery County Pennsylvania DESCRIPTION: Carved granite. DONOR & DATE: The Historical Society of Montgomery County, 1907. HISTORICAL DATA: In 1840 Riverboatmen took up a collection to replace a deteriorating red sandstone tablet that marked the spot where General Sullivan and his men built a bridge across the Schuylkill. The 1840 marker was of white marble but was ultimately destroyed by flood waters and replaced in 1907 by the present monument.
Download 82 KB