• A curve along the Natchez Trace Parkway with fall colors

    Natchez Trace

    Parkway AL,MS,TN


Certain activities within the boundary of the Natchez Trace Parkway may require a permit. The most common activities that require a permit are Special Use, Bus, and Filming. Special Uses typically include, but are not limited to charity events, poker runs, and group bike rides. The use of commercial buses on the Parkway also requires a permit and starting October 1, 2008, the Parkway will implement a new cost recovery program for the issuance of Commercial Use Authorizations (CUA). Filming within the park may also require a permit, depending the nature of, and the extent of the filming. If your filming activity involves multiple vehicles, it may be considered a large filming activity and require a more extensive application. Please contact the Chief Ranger's Office below for questions concerning the requirements for this application.

All permits are issued from the Chief Ranger's Office, located in Tupelo, Mississippi. If you have questions about permits, please call 662-680-4014. Applications can be faxed to 662-680-4034. Applications may be mailed to:

Natchez Trace Parkway

2680 Natchez Trace Parkway

Tupelo, MS 38804

Did You Know?