Media For Loan
Hispanics and the Civil War: From Battlefield to Homefront
This text discusses the history of Hispanic culture in North America as it relates to the Civil War. The text is of moderate complexity, making it ideal for grades 4-12. Earlier grades may expect to focus on the text and basic information while later grades may delve deeper into the content and historical contexts of this topic.
To borrow our 25 copies of this book for your class please call (662) 680-4015. The books may be borrowed for up to two weeks. Also, please reserve the books two weeks in advance.
- Grade Levels:
- Fourth Grade-Twelfth Grade
- Civil War, Hispanic or Latino American History and Culture, History, Military and Wartime History, Pioneer America, Slavery, Social Studies, Westward Expansion
- National/State Standards:
- This book uses images, text, and primary source material to discuss the role of Hispanic people in the Civil War. The material is ideal for independent reading followed my critical thinking and classroom discussion.
- Civil War, Multicultural, Spanish colonial, Civil War to Civil Rights, homefront, diversity
- Printed Materials
- Media For Loan