This kit is located in Tupelo, MS and can be borrowed as a whole or by individual items.
American Indian Kit includes:
- Replica Mississippian Pottery pieces (2)
- Plastic "artifakes" for CSI lesson plan (10 sets)
- Chickasaw language story kit (book and props) (1)
- Choctaw Story DVD and lesson (1)
- Chickasaw comic books and lesson plan (1 set of 7)
- Story books on varying topics (6)
- Lesson plan folder (1)
Teachers may borrow kits for about 2 weeks. Please schedule Traveling Trunk Kits at least 2 weeks in advance. Teachers are responsible for picking up and returning trunk kits.
Call 662-680-4015 or 662-680-4027
Traveling Trunk Kits are not stored at all locations. It may be possible to have kits shuttled to the pickup location of your choice. However, please allow up to 3 week additional time for shuttling. Individual parts of some kits may be borrowed.
Traveling Trunk Kits may be picked up at the Natchez Trace Parkway Visitor Centers at:
Mount Locust: milepost 15.5, near Natchez, MS
Parkway Information Cabin: milepost 102.4, near Ridgeland, MS
Parkway Visitor Center: milepost 266, near Tupelo, MS
Meriwether Lewis Campground: No kits are stored at this location, but it may be possible to arrange for week-end pickup. Call 662-680-4015 or 662-680-4027 for more information.
- Grade Levels:
- Kindergarten-Eighth Grade
- American Indian History and Culture, Anthropology, Art, Civil Rights Movement, History, Language Arts, Social Studies, Westward Expansion
- Native American culture, Native American history, native americans, artifacts, trail of tears, Old Southwest, Chickasaw, Chickasaw language, Choctaw