DC War Memorial
Schedule: Construction underway Completion anticipated June, 2011
Location: North side of Independence Avenue between the World II Memorial and the Lincoln Memorial
Goals of project:
• Restore the memorial, including cleaning, extensive re-pointing, and preservation treatment to all marble features
• Replace the bluestone walks to the memorial
• Restore the landscape to the original design intent
• Improve site drainage and lighting
Impacts to consider:
• Construction vehicles enter and exit on Independence Avenue.
• Construction may be dusty or noisy at times.
• Memorial is closed to visitors, but can be viewed from sidewalk on Independence Ave.
Funding: ARRA funding, $3.6 M
Contractor: Forrester Construction