Deputy marshals involved in the fight with Ned Christie on November 1, 1892, posed for photographs shortly afterwards. Front row, left to right: Charles Copeland, Gideon S. "Cap" White. Back row, left to right: Bill Smith, Bill Ellis, Paden Tolbert.
This is the only known photograph of Judge Parker in a courtroom. It was taken in the courtroom he used for the last six years of his term. In 1890 the federal court moved from the old barracks building to a new courthouse on Sixth Street. There are no known photographs of the courtroom that was located in the former military barracks and used from 1872-1890.
This drawing is actually a composite of sketches, each one showing an individual present in the Fort Smith courtroom. the only figure identified by name is Judge Parker. The image of the U.S. Marshal is that of John Carroll.
This photo of deputy marshals and their posse was taken in November 1892, after their long, bloody fight with Ned Christie in Indian Territory. Back row (left to right): Tom Johnson, Bill Smith, John Tolbit, Abe Allen, Wes Bauman Front row (left to right): Captain G.S. White, Charles Copeland, Paden Tolbert, Heck Bruner, Dave Rusk
Panoramic photo of former deputy marshals posed in front of historic Fort Smith courthouse and jail building. The photo was taken in the early 1900s. Photo courtesy of U.S. Deputy Marshal James Elbert Emmert Family (Emmert is third from right).