The Dipsea Footbridge is Out!
The Dipsea Footbridge is out until further notice. Take the Deer Park Fire Road to connect with the Dipsea Trail at Muir Woods. See map of Muir Woods and Vicinity. Taking the extra steps protects you and endangered coho salmon. Do not cross Redwood Creek. More »
Muir Beach is OPEN
Muir Beach is open to the public every day, including holidays at 9 AM and closes one hour after sunset. More »
12/21/2012Location: Muir Woods Time: 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM Fee Information: Entrance fee applies
Simpler, Safer, Serene
Winter Solstice is Changing at Muir Woods
Friday, 12/21/12, Noon - 5 PM
Muir Woods invites you to a new Winter Solstice program that celebrates the shortest day of the year instead of the longest night.
Experience a Winter Wonderland of sights, sounds and fragrances with a day-lit walk among the giant trees.
- Interpreters along the trail share the highlights of the season
- Explore nature sounds recordings by experts Dan Dugan and Gina Farr
- Loosely Knits perform woodland melodies in the Visitor Center
- Make co-ho-ho and banana slug hats
- Muir Woods Trading Company Café special solstice menu
- Ane Carla Rovetta's joyful storytelling toward day's end
As the sun sets, we'll return the forest to its restful night. A luminaria-lit plaza will see you safely home. Check back to download a copy of the Muir Woods DIY Kit to create your own Winter Solstice traditions at home.
Park closes at 5 PM.