12/21/2012Location: Muir Woods Time: 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM Fee Information: Entrance fee applies
Simpler, Safer, Serene
Winter Solstice is Changing at Muir Woods
Friday, 12/21/12, Noon - 5 PM
Muir Woods invites you to a new Winter Solstice program that celebrates the shortest day of the year instead of the longest night.
Experience a Winter Wonderland of sights, sounds and fragrances with a day-lit walk among the giant trees.
- Interpreters along the trail share the highlights of the season
- Explore nature sounds recordings by experts Dan Dugan and Gina Farr
- Loosely Knits perform woodland melodies in the Visitor Center
- Make co-ho-ho and banana slug hats
- Muir Woods Trading Company Café special solstice menu
- Ane Carla Rovetta's joyful storytelling toward day's end
As the sun sets, we'll return the forest to its restful night. A luminaria-lit plaza will see you safely home. Check back to download a copy of the Muir Woods DIY Kit to create your own Winter Solstice traditions at home.
Park closes at 5 PM.