Muir Beach Parking Lot Closed June-November 2013
This alert applies to Muir Beach, but not nearby Muir Woods. Muir Beach parking lot closed June-November 2013 for construction. Restrooms and parking will not be available at Muir Beach during this period. Check back for updates or call (415)561-3054.
Dipsea Foot Bridge at the Annex Lot is BACK!
The Dipsea foot bridge at the Annex Lot is back in place. Thanks to all who took the Deer Park Fire Road detour. Taking those extra steps helped to protect Redwood Creek and the endangered juvenile coho.
12/21/2012Location: Muir Woods Time: 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM Fee Information: Entrance fee applies
Simpler, Safer, Serene
Winter Solstice is Changing at Muir Woods
Friday, 12/21/12, Noon - 5 PM
Muir Woods invites you to a new Winter Solstice program that celebrates the shortest day of the year instead of the longest night.
Experience a Winter Wonderland of sights, sounds and fragrances with a day-lit walk among the giant trees.
- Interpreters along the trail share the highlights of the season
- Explore nature sounds recordings by experts Dan Dugan and Gina Farr
- Loosely Knits perform woodland melodies in the Visitor Center
- Make co-ho-ho and banana slug hats
- Muir Woods Trading Company Café special solstice menu
- Ane Carla Rovetta's joyful storytelling toward day's end
As the sun sets, we'll return the forest to its restful night. A luminaria-lit plaza will see you safely home. Check back to download a copy of the Muir Woods DIY Kit to create your own Winter Solstice traditions at home.
Park closes at 5 PM.