San Lazaro Polychrome
Pueblo IV. AD 1490 - 1515
This polychrome [more than two colors] jar was probably used to store grain or water. The dark line decorations are composed of a glaze paint made with lead which was mined in the Cerrillos area southeast of Bandelier. The bottom of this vessel has been reconstructed. Originally it probably had designs painted below the shoulder similar to BAND 1581.
Ceramic, H 22, D 35.5 cm [H 8 5/8, D 13 ¾ inches]
Bandelier National Monument, BAND 552