Morristown National Historical Park is the easiest to see by car. We have 4 different locations throughout the greater Morristown area. Washington's Headquarters Museum and Ford Mansion as well as Jockey Hollow Visitor Center and Wick House are the two main areas of the Park. Detailed directions are below. They are the best places to start and Rangers can give you directions to the Cross Estate Gardens/New Jersey Brigade Area and Fort Nonsense Area of the park.
Washington's Headquarters Museum and Ford Mansion
GPS Address: 30 Washington Place, Morristown NJ 07960
Traveling Southbound on 287
Traveling Northbound on 287
- Take Exit 36
- On the exit ramp take the fork for "Morris Avenue/ Lafayette", The left exit lane.
- After you get off the exit ramp you need to immediately get over to the far left lane to turn left at the light onto Ridgedale Ave.
- Left at the next light onto Morris Avenue (Route 510 East).
- Stay going straight on Morris Ave. Go over 287.
- Continue on the left, make the left fork, and follow the signs for Washington’s Headquarters. (You’ve just gone around in a big circle because of all the one-way streets in town.)
Public Transportation to Washington's Headquarters Museum and the Ford Mansion
- Take exit 36A, Morris Ave
- At the end of the exit ramp, turn right to be on Morris Avenue (Route 510 East).
- Immediately get over to the left.
- Continue on the left, make the left fork, and follow the signs for Washington’s Headquarters.
The New Jersey Transit - Morris & Essex Rail lines run from Penn Station, NY to Hoboken & Newark lines in NJ to Morristown, NJ.
From the Morristown train station to the Washington's Headquarters unit of the park is a bit more than 1/2 mile straight down Morris Ave.
Jockey Hollow Visitor Center and Wick House
GPS Address: 580 Tempe Wick Road, Morristown NJ 07960 *Reminder: This address is approximate*
From Interstate 287, North and South Bound
- Take Exit 30B Bernardsville Exit, At the top of the ramp turn right
- At the traffic light, turn right onto Route 202 North
- At the next traffic light turn left onto Tempe Wick Road (Route 646).
- Continue on Tempe Wick Road for about another 1 ½ miles. The entrance to the Jockey Hollow will be on your right.