Enjoying the snow at Paradise.
Learn more about winter recreation activities at Mount Rainier, including:
- Snowshoe walks - Ranger-led snowshoe walks on weekends and holidays are a great winter activity recommended for children ages eight and up with their families.
- Sledding and sliding - Kids have a great time sledding at the snow play area of Mount Rainier. Located at Paradise there are three runs, including one just for the five and under crowd.
- Winter Camping - Scouts and families test their camping skills in the winter at Paradise. Whether you are building a snow cave or setting up a tent. Check the winter recreation page for how to camp at Mount Rainier during the winter
Some trails are accessible for strollers and small children, including:
- Nisqually Vista (Paradise)
- Trail of the Shadows (Longmire)
- Grove of the Patriarchs (near Ohanapecosh)
- Emmons Vista (Sunrise).
Ask a ranger for additional suggestions.