A Mount Rainier Institute student group poses in front of Mount Rainier on the steps near the Jackson Visitor Center in Paradise.
Mount Rainier Institute provides outstanding nature-based education experiences that are rooted in science and nurture the next generation of environmental stewards and leaders. School overnight programs immerse students in a rich learning environment where they explore the natural world, develop a connection to nature, and build community.
- Call Now:
- 360-832-6534 ext. 215
- Visit Now:
- K-12 School Programs
- Single grade level class,Mixed/multiple grade class,Homeschool group,College/University class,Club or interest group (children),Club or interest group (teen)
- Programs are 4 days and 3 nights (Monday-Thursday), or 3 days and 2 nights (Monday-Wednesday & Wednesday-Friday).
Fall season begins mid-September through mid-November.
Spring season begins mid-March through mid-June.
Be one of the first schools to attend Mount Rainier Institute! Registration is now open for the 2014-2015 school years.
- American Indian History and Culture, Astronomy, Biology: Animals, Biology: Plants, Botany, Civic Engagement, Climate, Climate Change, Conservation, Earth Science, Ecological Engineering, Ecology, Environment, Fire Ecology, Geology, Glaciers, Hydrology, Leadership, Mathematics, Meteorology, Recreation / Leisure / Tourism, Recreation Ecology, Regional Studies, Science and Technology, Social Studies, Tectonics, Volcanoes, Wildlife Biology, Wildlife Management, Writing
- Mount Rainier Institute, mount rainier, Mount Rainier National Park, Residential Education, residential environmental education, EE, camp, overnight, science, hands-on, inquiry, environment, outdoor education
- Institutes and Field Schools