Auto Tour Route - Nebraska
To follow the Auto Tour Route of the Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail west through Nebraska from Omaha: follow the driving directions listed below the map.
Map image of the auto tour route driving directions for the Mormon Pioneer NHT across Nebraska.
To follow the trail west from Council Bluffs, Iowa:
Take Interstate 29 north to Interstate 680.
- Take I-680 west to U.S. 75.
- Turn south on U.S. 75 to State Route 36 & McKinley Street.
- Turn west on State Route 36 to U.S. 275.
- Turn north on U.S. 275 to U.S. 30.
Turn west onto U.S. 30 to U.S. Route 81.
Turn north onto U.S. Route 81.
Take U.S. 81 north to State Route 22.
Turn west onto State Route 22.
Take SR 22 west to State Route 14.
Turn south onto State Route 14.
Take SR 14 south to U.S. Route 30.
Take U.S. Route 30 west to U.S. Route 26 at Ogallala.
- Turn west onto U.S. Route 26 to the Wyoming border.
Total original route miles in Nebraska: 511