United Daughters of the Confederacy Monument
The United Daughters of the Confederacy dedicated this monument on July 9, 1914, the fiftieth anniversary of the Battle of Monocacy. It commemorates the Confederate soldiers who lost their lives during the battle and is the only monument at the battlefield dedicated to southern soldiers. Constructed of granite, the monument measures about 12 feet and features a bronze tablet containing the inscription:
Restoration work completed in 2005 reestablished the post and chain fence surrounding the monument.