Telephone at Kelso Depot is not working
Kelso Depot Visitor Center telephone, 760 252-6108, is not working. For information on weekdays, call 760 252-6100. On Saturday, try calling 760 252-6104.
Kelso Depot Visitor Center hours
Kelso Depot Visitor Center is open Fridays through Tuesdays from 9 am to 5 pm, closed Wednsdays and Thursdays. The Beanery Lunch Counter is closed.
Youth Quail Hunt
October 5 - 6, 2013
Who can participate?
- All youth of legal hunting age 16 and under who have completed a hunter safety class and have the appropriate Junior Hunting License.
- Parents or guardians are encouraged to attend but cannot hunt.
- Youth will be paired with an experienced hunter who will guide youth in tracking and harvesting these elusive game birds.
- Hunt with a guide all day Saturday: exact schedule to be determined. Sunday hunting is on your own.
- Practice hunting and wilderness safety.
- Learn more about Gambel's quail and apply this knowledge in the hunt.
- Learn field care and dressing of harvested game.
- Tour the Safari Club International's Sensory Safari exhibit trailer.
- Rangers will provide talks, tours, and camp activities.
- Meals are provided for Saturday breakfast and dinner.
- Bring your own lunch for Saturday and all meals for Sunday.
- Black Canyon Group Campground at Hole-in-the-Wall, Mojave National Preserve
- Directions: 20 miles north of I-40 on Essex and Black Canyon Roads.
- No hookups; water and pit toilets available.
- Space is limited to the first 50 youth to register. Late registrants will be placed on a waiting list.
- Additional information will be sent to successful registrants.
Did You Know?
At 1.6 million acres, Mojave National Preserve is the third largest National Park Service area outside of Alaska. Death Valley National Park and Yellowstone National Park rank first and second.