Mojave National Preserve Mobile Map
Note: Mobile Map should only be used in conjunction with a paper map - not in place of one!
Follow the steps below to get the Mojave National Preserve Mobile Map on your Apple device:
1. Download the App from the iTunes store. Search for "ARCGIS". The icon will look like this.
After the app has been downloaded, start the app. A simple world map will appear.
2. On the top of the map there will be a menu bar. Select the icon shown to the right.
3. Select "ArcGIS Servers"
4. Click "Add ArcGIS Server"
5. For the initial setup, two steps will need to be performed:
a. Enter the server address exactly as it appears
below in the "Address" field:
b. Enter the optional description field and press
The server is now available to use.
6. Select the server to view a list of available map services. From this list select your desired service to add it to the map. The map with features should now be visible.
Notes on working with the map:
- On the bottom right hand side of the map there are two buttons.
a. The first icon will center the map around your physical location.
b. The second icon will provide you with a legend, details about the mobile service and a content tab that will allow you to turn on and off layers as well as change the base map.
2. The top of the map contain basic tools for
measurement, searching, and a bookmark
3. To return to the mobile services page, select
the button on the top left of the screen.