Photo by: Michael Quinn, NPS
D04296vk The Verkamp's home and business was constructed in 1906, and it was open as a gift shop (that featured Grand Canyon souvenirs and Native American arts and crafts) through September 17, 2008.
Verkamp's re-opened as a park visitor center on November 26, 2008. The National Park Service now owns the building and it hosts a bookstore and exhibits about the pioneer history of Grand Canyon Village. Several ranger-conducted activities start here. VERKAMP'S INDIAN HANDICRAFT AND SOUVENIR STORE (1906) GRAND CANYON NP. NPS PHOTO.
Download 1.1 MB