Visitor Center Museum Closed During Construction Project
The museum at the Henry Hill Visitor Center is closed due to the installation of a fire protection system in the exhibit area. The visitor center and gift shop remain open daily and the park film is shown hourly. More »
Manassas National Battlefield Park offers catch-and-release fishing at any pond located on site. Each of the recommended ponds shown are conveniently located near parking lots or roadside parking. Fishing is open year round. State fishing regulations are enforced, and a Virginia State Fishing License is required. A complete description of regulations is posted at each fishing site. To report violations, call Park Law Enforcement at (703) 754-8694.
Cundiff Pond is located 1/4 mile east of Stuart's Hill Visitor Center and Park Headquarters on Route 29 (Lee Hwy). Brown park signs are posted at the second metal gate on the right where there is a pull-off for vehicles. Follow the trail for 1/8 mile to the pond.
Rosefield Upper and Lower Ponds are located near the Rosefield/J. Dogan house on Route 29. There are 1/4 mile from the Route 29/Route 234 (Sudley Rd.) intersection heading west on Route 29. Turn right into the unmarked driveway and park at the top. The Upper Pond is to the N-NW of the parking area near the forest edge. The Lower Pond is to the NE of the parking area closer to Route 29. Access to the parking area is only available during business hours, 8am - 5pm, M - F. The gate is locked at 5pm.
Headquarter Ponds are located at Park Headquarters on Route 29. From the Route 29/Route 234 intersection, head west on Route 29. 1/4 mile after Route 29 splits from a two lane highway into a four lane highway, turn left onto Pageland Road (Route 705), a gravel road, and another immediate left into the entrance for Park Headquarters. Park in the gravel parking lot. The three small ponds are visible from the parking lot.
Bull Run is located at the eastern edge of the park. Heading east on Route 29 from the intersection of Route 29/Route 234, turn into the parking lot at the Historic Stone Bridge where Bull Run flows under the bridge. Fishing is allowed anywhere along Bull Run where state regulations apply (no additional restrictions).
Quarters Nine parking is located at Matthews Hill. The parking lot is approximately 0.7 miles North of the Route 29/Route 234 intersection. Follow the bridle trail marked on the map to reach Quarters Nine pond.
Catch-and-Release Fishing Tips
Did You Know?
George S. Patton III participated in military training exercises at Manassas Battlefield in 1939. His grandfather, Colonel George S. Patton, commanded the 22nd Virginia in the Civil War and was mortally wounded at the Battle of Third Winchester in September 1864.