Visitor Center Museum Closed During Construction Project
The museum at the Henry Hill Visitor Center is closed due to the installation of a fire protection system in the exhibit area. The visitor center and gift shop remain open daily and the park film is shown hourly. More »
Bull Run Kayak
Manassas National Battlefield Park will be partnering with the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority (NVRPA) for a kayak trip down Bull Run on Saturday, May 11. This program will focus on the Civil War resources of the waterway that were influential in the two Manassas campaigns. The group will visit the Stone Bridge, Lewis Ford, Balls Ford, Island Ford, Mitchell's Ford, Blackburn's Ford, and the site where the Centreville Military Railroad crossed Bull Run. Come out and learn the local Civil War history from an entirely new perspective!
Reservations are required. The cost is $30 per person. Minimum age of 16. To make reservations, please contact John Houser of the NVRPA at 703-690-2121. Space is limited.
PLEASE NOTE: This program is contingent on sufficient water levels in Bull Run! In the event the program is cancelled due to insufficient water levels, full refunds will be offered.
Did You Know?
Confederate troops destroyed the Stone Bridge over Bull Run in March 1862 before falling back to a more defensible position fifty miles to the south near Fredericksburg. The current structure was completed in the 1880s, on the site of the war-time bridge.