Visitor Center Museum Closed During Construction Project
The museum at the Henry Hill Visitor Center is closed due to the installation of a fire protection system in the exhibit area. The visitor center and gift shop remain open daily and the park film is shown hourly. More »
152nd Anniversary of First Manassas
Join park staff as we commemorate the 152nd anniversary of the First Battle of Manassas (Bull Run) on July 20, 2013. The park will offer a variety of historian led walking tours and living history demonstrations. All walking tours will last 60-90 minutes.
Schedule of Events:
Stone Bridge Walking Tour: 10:00 a.m.
Matthews Hill Walking Tour: 12:00 p.m.
Chinn Ridge Walking Tour: 2:00 p.m.
Portici Walking Tour: 4:00 p.m.
Henry Hill Walking Tour: 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m.
Living History Demonstrations: The annual commemoration of the first battle with living history demonstrations and historic weapons firings to reveal military tactics and portray soldier life. Henry Hill, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Did You Know?
Confederate troops destroyed the Stone Bridge over Bull Run in March 1862 before falling back to a more defensible position fifty miles to the south near Fredericksburg. The current structure was completed in the 1880s, on the site of the war-time bridge.