Lowell National Historical Park
Individuals and groups seeking volunteer opportunities can help the park in a variety of ways. Areas often recruited for include:
• Volunteer in the Exhibits: Greet park visitors and help them learn the park story at the Visitor Center, Boott Cotton Mills Museum, and Mill Girls & Immigrants Exhibit.
• Volunteer with Maintenance: Help maintain historic structures, keep grounds clean, and help operate our set of historic locks!
• Volunteer on the Trolley: Help the park trolley crew greet riders, flag the historic trollies through downtown Lowell, and bring visitors to boats!
To apply for one of these or another park position, click here and search for Lowell.
Lowell National Historical Park operates in partnership with local museums, galleries, and community beautification initiatives. Opportunities for participation include:
• Assist Museum Teachers with educational programs at the Tsongas Industrial History Center
• Help the Lowell Canal Water Cleaners out once a month in keeping our canals in the downtown Lowell area clean.
For more information regarding Lowell National Historical Park volunteer program please contact the Park Volunteer Coordinator at 978-275-1740 or contact us.