How To Enter
- Submit up to 3 photos (taken anytime in 2011) of any natural, historical, or cultural subject found anywhere on Submissions due by October 1st, 2011.
- 2011 Photo Categories: General, Historic Preservation, Cultural Activities.
- Examples of General Photos: Any any natural, historical, or cultural subject within the Park/City.
- Examples of Historic Preservation Photos: mill redevelopment, adaptive reuse, canal walkway(s) improvements, National Register buildings, industrial preservation, Doors Open Lowell locations, etc.
- Examples of Cultural Activitiy Photos: Lowell Folk Festival, Lowell Summer Music Series, any COOL events, other local art/craft/music events, etc.
- Read the before entering.
- Email photo(s) and entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A panel of judges will evaluate photos based on originality, artistic composition, photographic technique, and technical execution. Additional credit and attention will be given to photos documenting examples of historic preservation and/or cultural activities/events.
- Photo Requirements: JPEG format, minimum 3 megapixel resolution (1600 x 1200), maximum 3.2MB file size per image. Minor digital image enhancement is permitted, but significantly modified or unnatural looking images will be penalized or disqualified.
- All entrants grant non-exclusive, royalty-free license to Lowell National Historical Park/NPS for the future use or modification of entries, with credit to the original photographer. If an entrant's image is not a winner the entrant may elect to "Opt-Out" of this license condition on the official contest form. Regardless, all entrants retain ownership and copyright of their images and are not restricted in their future use.
- Winners will receive assorted prizes, full list TBD.
- Participants will fall into either the teen (age 12-17) or adult (age 18+) categories. Three winners, two honorable mentions selected in each age category. 1 Grand Prize winner selected for the entire contest, regardless of age.
- Winners/finalists will have their work publicly displayed in a Park exhibit/gallery in Fall 2011 and will be featured on the Lowell National Historical Park website.
- All participants will be invited to attend a special gallery opening event in the Park during November 2011.
- All participants will receive official certificates from the National Park Service recognizing them for their work and participation.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: David Byers, (978) 970-5028