Credit Card payments for interpretive fees.
Beginning September 9, due to the federal government's fiscal year close out, only cash or check payments can be accepted for fees at the Boott Mills, canal boat tours, and for Interagency Passes. Credit cards will be accepted again on October 1, 2014. More »
Lowell NHP Superintendents Compendium update.
The Superintendents Compendium has been updated in regard to the use of unmanned aircraft in national park areas. More »
Lowell National Historical Park Announces Holiday Closures
Contact: Phil Lupsiewicz, 978-275-1705
Lowell, MA. In observance of the upcoming holidays, Lowell National Historical Park is adjusting schedules:
· All Park facilities will be closed all day on Saturday, December 25, 2010 and on Saturday, January 1, 2011, New Year's Day.
· Lowell National Historical Park will reopen at 9:00 am to 4:30 pm on Sunday, December 26.
· The Visitor Center will be open daily, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
· Boott Cotton Mills Museum will be open each day from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm.
· The Mill Girls and Immigrants Exhibit will be open from 1:30pm-4:30pm during this period.
· There will be a special "Hidden History" tour on Sunday, December 26th @ 2:30pm starting at the Visitor Center on "Mill Girls and Immigrants."
For more information about Lowell National Historical Park, visit the web site at www/nps.gov/lowe, or call 978-970-5000.
Did You Know?
By 1850 the mills in Lowell were annually producing enough cloth to circle the earth twice!