Lowell National Historical Park Announces Holiday Closures
Contact: Phil Lupsiewicz, 978-275-1705
Lowell, MA. In observance of the upcoming holidays, Lowell National Historical Park is adjusting schedules:
· All Park facilities will be closed all day on Saturday, December 25, 2010 and on Saturday, January 1, 2011, New Year's Day.
· Lowell National Historical Park will reopen at 9:00 am to 4:30 pm on Sunday, December 26.
· The Visitor Center will be open daily, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
· Boott Cotton Mills Museum will be open each day from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm.
· The Mill Girls and Immigrants Exhibit will be open from 1:30pm-4:30pm during this period.
· There will be a special "Hidden History" tour on Sunday, December 26th @ 2:30pm starting at the Visitor Center on "Mill Girls and Immigrants."
For more information about Lowell National Historical Park, visit the web site at www/nps.gov/lowe, or call 978-970-5000.
Did You Know?
The factory bells dominated daily life in Lowell. They woke the workers at 4:30 a.m., called them into the mill at 4:50, rang them out for breakfast and back in, out and in for dinner, out again at 7 p.m. at the day's close. The whole city, it seemed, moved together and did the mills' bidding.