Lowell National Historical Park Announces Holiday Closures
Contact: Phil Lupsiewicz, 978-275-1705
Lowell, MA. In observance of the upcoming holidays, Lowell National Historical Park is adjusting schedules:
· All Park facilities will be closed all day on Saturday, December 25, 2010 and on Saturday, January 1, 2011, New Year's Day.
· Lowell National Historical Park will reopen at 9:00 am to 4:30 pm on Sunday, December 26.
· The Visitor Center will be open daily, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
· Boott Cotton Mills Museum will be open each day from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm.
· The Mill Girls and Immigrants Exhibit will be open from 1:30pm-4:30pm during this period.
· There will be a special "Hidden History" tour on Sunday, December 26th @ 2:30pm starting at the Visitor Center on "Mill Girls and Immigrants."
For more information about Lowell National Historical Park, visit the web site at www/nps.gov/lowe, or call 978-970-5000.
Did You Know?
Protests came to Lowell in the mid-1830s. Mill management...twice reduced the take-home pay of women workers. Faced with growing inventories and falling prices, owners believed the only way to sustain profits was to cut labor costs. The mill workers were not willing to accept this logic.