Banjo and Fiddle Contest Application
2008 BANJO & FIDDLE CONTESTS REGISTRATION FORM
Please print and complete this form and send to: Lowell National Historical Park, C/O Alex Demas, 400 Foot of John Street, Lowell, MA 01852
Questions? Contact Alex via email or call Alex (M-F) at 978-970-5028
Name, Address and Phone Number, e-mail:
Competition Instrument/Style Category (circle):
Banjo & Fiddle (Any Style)
Banjo - Other Styles (Tenor, Plectrum, Classical, Banjo-Mandolin, etc.)
1. No contact microphones or electrified instruments
2. Vocals not required or counted in judging
3. No medleys
4. Acoustic accompaniment allowed *Except Twin FIddle and Banjo & Fiddle*
5. Competition instruments must clearly lead
6. Contestants wishing to enter more than one category may enter one single and one double category only
7. Time limit - Approx. 3 minutes
8. Competition tune will be judged on the following: Rhythn and Timing, Clarity and Tone, Originality (arrangement, variations), Tune Difficulty, and Overall Proficiency
9. We will provide accompaniment if desired (Peter Barnes, paino, guitar)
10. Cash Prizes, each category: 1st - $100, 2nd - $50, 3rd - $25, Honorable Mention - $10
11. Cash, trophies and rosettes will be awarded in all categories
12. Decisions of the judges are final
13. Everyone involved will be required to have a wonderful time and lots of fun!
All events are FREE! Contestants receive Free event T-Shirts
Registration starts at 11:00 a.m.; Pre-registrated Check-in deadline is 1:00 p.m.
Did You Know?
The population of Lowell grew dramatically during the years of industrial expansion-rising from about 2,500 in 1826 to more than 33,000 in 1850, when Lowell was the second largest city in Massachusetts.