Banjo and Fiddle Contest Application
2008 BANJO & FIDDLE CONTESTS REGISTRATION FORM
Please print and complete this form and send to: Lowell National Historical Park, C/O Alex Demas, 400 Foot of John Street, Lowell, MA 01852
Questions? Contact Alex via email or call Alex (M-F) at 978-970-5028
Name, Address and Phone Number, e-mail:
Competition Instrument/Style Category (circle):
Banjo & Fiddle (Any Style)
Banjo - Other Styles (Tenor, Plectrum, Classical, Banjo-Mandolin, etc.)
1. No contact microphones or electrified instruments
2. Vocals not required or counted in judging
3. No medleys
4. Acoustic accompaniment allowed *Except Twin FIddle and Banjo & Fiddle*
5. Competition instruments must clearly lead
6. Contestants wishing to enter more than one category may enter one single and one double category only
7. Time limit - Approx. 3 minutes
8. Competition tune will be judged on the following: Rhythn and Timing, Clarity and Tone, Originality (arrangement, variations), Tune Difficulty, and Overall Proficiency
9. We will provide accompaniment if desired (Peter Barnes, paino, guitar)
10. Cash Prizes, each category: 1st - $100, 2nd - $50, 3rd - $25, Honorable Mention - $10
11. Cash, trophies and rosettes will be awarded in all categories
12. Decisions of the judges are final
13. Everyone involved will be required to have a wonderful time and lots of fun!
All events are FREE! Contestants receive Free event T-Shirts
Registration starts at 11:00 a.m.; Pre-registrated Check-in deadline is 1:00 p.m.
Did You Know?
The Tsongas Industrial History Center is a collaborative project of the University of Massachusetts Graduate School of Education and the National Park Service at Lowell National Historical Park. Over 60,000 school children per year experience curriculum based education programs at the park & Center. More...