Be alert and be aware of your surroundings and obey park rules.
For Your Safety:
- Do not walk off the trails, stay on designated trails only.
- Stay on the sidewalks
- Remember, you are in an area where you may encounter a rattlesnake.
- Obey the speed limit.
- Be on the alert for livestock as you drive the 4.5 mile tour road to the Reno-Benteen Battlfield site(this is open range).
Sun Stress /Dehydration
- With high temperatures dehydration may occur. Keep well hydrated. Bring ample water in your vehicle and while walking trails. Cooled bottled water may be purchased in the bookstore.
- Wearing a hat helps prevent dehydration as well.
- Lightning storms occur occasional in and around Little Bighorn during Spring and Summer.
- Lightning has a tendeacy to strike high terrain such as hill tops and ridges.
- When lightning approaches, move away from high places such as Last Stand Hill, Calhoun Hill, Wier Point and the Reno-Benteen Battlefield.