Reserving an Education Program
Step 2: Reserving your field trip
It is easy to reserve a date and a time for your class to visit the Lewis and Clark National Historical Park. All school and youth group visits must have a reservation. The following steps will help our staff better facilitate your request. Thank you for your cooperation.
1) Choose your program. Please review the Availability Calendar for program dates.
2) When making a reservation, please allow four weeks advance notice. This allows time for our Education Staff to process your request, send follow up materials and prepare for your visit. The advance notice allows time for you to prepare your students for a quality experience at the park.
3) Once you have tentatively selected an available program and first-choice, second-choice and third-choice dates, please complete and then send in the Reservation Form and Request for Fee Waiver, if you are interested in having the entrance fee waived. The Reservation form and fee waiver can be faxed to (503)861-4428 or mailed. Reservations are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please remember to fill out these forms completely. Missing or incomplete forms may delay scheduling of your programs. A confirmation letter will be sent to you electronically, or by mail, within ten working days of your reservation request. Please bring a copy of the confirmation letter with you on your visit day.
4) To prepare your students for the visit, please download the Pre-Visit packet that corresponds to your program. Packets will be sent with the confirmation letter via email attachment or by mail.
5) If you have questions during this process, please contact the Education Program Coordinator Cathy Peterson at e-mail us or by calling (503) 861-4422.
To continue reservations, click here for Step 3: Rules for School Groups.
Did You Know?
In 1958 Fort Clatsop National Memorial was authorized to commemorate the culmination and winter quarters of the Corps of Discovery.