Lewis and Clark noted the five prominent peaks of the Columbia region in their journals. Read more about what they said about Mt. Saint Helen's seen above, as well as the others.
View this Edition (as a pdf) (as turn page)
Welcome the to the February 2014 edition of The Trail Companion. In this edition you will find stories regarding:
- From the Superintendent: National Trails System Act.
- Volunteers-in-Action: Honoring Volunteers at Lewis and Clark National Histori Trail Interpretive Center in Great Falls, Montana
- Trailscapes: Volcanoes of Lewis and Clark
- The Trailhead: One Section at a Time
- Honoring Tribal Legacies along the Lewis and Clark Trail: An Epic Journey of Healing
- Little Known Facts by Dr. H. Carl Camp: The Myth of Captain Lewis's Ultra-Light Iron Boat
- Lewis and Clark Trail Heritage Foundation: Recipients Announced for the Bicentennial Trail Stewardship Endowment Grant 2014
- Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail Omaha Headquarters Visitor Center: Let Me Show You a Lewis and Clark NHT Brochure!