Field Trip Program
Volcanoes of Lassen Demonstration
This ranger-led program helps students discover all four types of volcanoes, each found at Lassen. Students will learn about the geology and volcanic history of the park.
Length: 30 to 60 minutes
Group Size: up to 35
- Contact us on or after Feburary 1 for programs in May to July.
- Contact us on or after June 1 for programs in August and September.
- Programs are very popular and dates fill quickly, so make reservations early. The number of programs we offer depends on park staffing and funding.
- Earth Science, Geology, Physical Science, Tectonics, Volcanoes
- National/State Standards:
- California State Standards
- Field Trip Program