America the Beautiful - The National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands Pass Program
Honored and sold by the National Park Service, US Fish and Wildlife Service, US Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, and Bureau of Reclamation, these passes are your ticket to more than 2,000 federal recreation sites throughout the United States. Each pass covers entrance and standard amenity fees for the pass owner and three adults aged 16 and older. No entry fee is charged for children 15 and under.
Check out the requirements for each pass below or get more information from the USGS website.
2012 annual parks pass
Annual Pass - $80
- Available to everyone
- Good for 12 months from month of purchase
- Purchase one on-line at USGS or purchase one in person at a participating federal recreation site.
2012 Military Annual Pass
Military Annual Pass - Free
- Available to active duty U.S. Military members and their dependents in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, as well as Reserve and National Guard Members.
- Must be obtained in person at a participating federal recreation site by showing a current Common Access Card (CAC) or Military ID (Form 1173).
- Valid for 12 months from month of purchase
Senior Pass - $10
- Must be a U.S. citizens or permanent residents age 62 and older.
- Lifetime pass
- Pass holders may also be eligible for half price services such as camping and boat launches.
- Purchase one in person at a particpating federal recreation site.
Access Pass - Free
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident with permanent disabilities
- Lifetime Pass
- Pass holder may also be eligible for half price services such as camping and boat launches.
- Pick up one in person at a participating federal recreation site.
2012 Volunteer Pass
Volunteer Pass - Free
- For people who volunteer 250 or more hours with federal agencies that participate in the America the Beautiful Pass Program.
- Contact your local federal recreation site for more information about volunteer opportunities or visit Volunteer.gov.
Golden Access and Age Passes
Golden Age and Golden Access Passes have been replaced by the America the Beautiful - The National Parks and Federal Recreations Lands Passes. These passes are still honored at all participating agencies as well as the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.