- NO RESERVATIONS ARE NEEDED to visit the dozens of self-guided caves found on Cave Loop and elsewhere in the park. Have fun exploring on your own, but be sure to come prepared.
- We only accept reservations for our group campsite which requires a minimum of 15 people. The rest of the campgrounds is a first come first served campground.
- Fern Cave and Crystal Ice Cave tour reservations can be made by phone by calling 530-667-8113. Access to both caves is seasonal and very limited. Reservations are taken on a "first-come, first-served" basis. More information >>>
IMPORTANT PLANNING NOTE:
Due to our remote and small operation, Lava Beds is not able to accept debit or credit cards for entrance and campground fees at this time. Please bring cash or checks for your visit.
- Seven Day Entrance Fee: $10.00 per vehicle
- School groups may apply for an Educational Fee Waiver and have their entrance fees waived. For more information visit the For Teachers section.
- Motorcycle, Bicycle or Walk-in: $5.00
Entrance fees at all National Park Service sites will be waived on the following days in 2013:
January 21 - Martin Luther King, Jr Day
April 22-26 - National Park Week
August 25 - National Park Service Birthday
September 28 - National Public Lands Day
November 9-11 - Veteran's Day Weekend
Camping and other use fees apply. Enjoy your parks!
- Campsite Fee: $10.00
- Group Campsite: $3.00 per person, up to $60.00