2014 BACKCOUNTRY PERMIT FEES
PERMITS ARE REQUIRED TO HIKE THE CHILKOOT TRAIL FROM JUNE-SEPTEMBER
For reservations and registration information call Parks Canada: 1-867-667-3910 or toll free from Canada and the U.S. 1-800-661-0486. Please be advised that prices for trail permits change annually. Check in the spring to get prices for the upcoming summer season.
- Combined US/Canadian Chilkoot Trail Trip Permit: $50.00 (CDN) per adult; $25.00 (CDN) per youth (ages 5 - 16)
- US ONLY Trip Permit: $15.70 (CDN) per adult; $7.90 (CDN) per youth
- Canadian ONLY Trip Permit: $34.30 (CDN) per adult; $17.10 (CDN) per youth
- Canadian Day Permit: $9.80 (CDN) per person
- US Day Use: no fee or permit required
- Reservation fee: $11.70 (CDN) per hiker (in addition to Permit fee)
* All fees are quoted in Canadian funds and may be subject to change. All fees are payable at time of reservation or at the time permits are obtained if no advance reservation is made. Permit fees are refundable up to one calendar month prior to start date. Reservation fees are non-refundable. Those without required permits are subject to fines.
- A maximum of 50 hikers a day are permitted to enter Canada over the Chilkoot Pass. Organized commercial, nonprofit and institutional groups (schools, scouts, etc.) are limited to one trip a day entering Canada over the Pass.
- Chilkoot Trail permit fees are collected to offset the costs of trail maintenance and information services.