Klondike Gold Rush
Administrative History
NPS Logo


LEGACY of the GOLD RUSH:
An Administrative History of the
Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park

Frank B. Norris
1996

Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park


(left) The Pioneer Building, built in 1892, is an outstanding example of the turn-of-the-century architectural complex that comprises the Pioneer Square-Skid Road Historical District. During the early 1970s, the NPS considered puchasing the building as the site of the park's Seattle Unit.
(William Speidel, Seattle Underground, page 14)

(right) Several stampeders and a pack train are shown in this photo which was taken near Canyon City, along the Chilkoot Trail, in the late summer of 1897.
(Frank La Roche photo (unnumbered), Special Collections Division, University of Washington)




TABLE OF CONTENTS


klgo/adhi/adhi.htm
Last Updated: 24-Sep-2000