Lane Closures on Old Highway 41 (Barrett Parkway Project Construction)
Barrett Parkway Project will require lane closures on Old 41 Highway, east of Ernest Barrett Parkway (the Kennesaw Mountain side). Lane closures will occur February 9 - June 18, 2013, with peak traffic hours (6-9 am and 4-7 pm, weekdays) not affected.
Contact Information Regarding Lane Closures
Area traffic is encouraged to use other routes to avoid major delays. Contact Cobb County Department of Transportation for more information at 528-1653 or visit http://dot.cobbcountyga.gov/project-updates.htm More »
Multiple Days: 03/23/2013, 04/27/2013, 05/25/2013, 06/22/2013Location: Visitor Center Time: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM Fee Information: Free Contact Name: Benita Duling Contact Phone Number: 770-427-4686 x248
Fleet Feet Hikes: For Physically Active, Mature Adults
The hikes are led by other wise and mature adults who enjoy the outdoors and know the trails of Kennesaw Mountain well.
The hikes are divided into short (two mile) and long (six mile) lengths.
Short Hikes are from 9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- March 16 (Leaves from Visitor Center flagpole)
- April 13 (Leaves from Visitor Center flagpole)
- May 11 (Leaves from Burnt Hickory parking lot)
- June 8 (Leaves from Visitor Center flagpole)
Long hikes are from 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- March 23 (Leaves from Burnt Hickory Parking Lot)
- April 27 (Leaves from Illinois Monument Parking Lot, Cheatham Hill)
- May 25 (Leaves from Visitor Center, Flagpole)
- 22 June 2013 (Leaves from Illinois Monument Parking Lot, Cheatham Hill)
Participants should meet at the flagpole near the Visitor Center unless otherwise stated; no registration is required. for all hikes, please arrive ten minutes prior to start time for hike information; hikes begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. Be sure to bring water, long pants, and good hiking boots are recommended.
Staff reserves the right to change or cancel events due to inclement weather, staffing issues, or dangerous conditions. For more information, please call (770)-427-4686 ext. 0 between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.