Parking Lots and Mountain Road Closing Early
On April 15, 16, and 17, 2014, the Visitor Center parking lot is closing at 5:30 and the mountain road is closing at 4 pm. Visitors are encouraged to use the overflow parking lot and the mountain trail to access the top of the mountain.
Multiple Days: 03/16/2013, 03/23/2013, 04/13/2013, 04/27/2013, 05/11/2013, 05/25/2013, 06/08/2013, 06/22/2013Location: Visitor Center unless otherwise stated Time: 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM,9:00 AM to 12:00 PM Fee Information: Free Contact Phone Number: 770-427-4686 x0
Fleet Feet Hikes: Hikes for Physically Active, Mature Adults
The hikes are led by other wise and mature adults who enjoy the outdoors and know the trails of Kennesaw Mountain well.
The hikes are divided into short (two mile) and long (six mile) lengths.
Short Hikes are from 9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- March 16 (Leaves from Visitor Center flagpole)
- April 13 (Leaves from Visitor Center flagpole)
- May 11 (Leaves from Burnt Hickory parking lot)
- June 8 (Leaves from Visitor Center flagpole)
Long hikes are from 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- March 23 (Leaves from Burnt Hickory Parking Lot)
- April 27 (Leaves from Illinois Monument Parking Lot, Cheatham Hill)
- May 25 (Leaves from Visitor Center, Flagpole)
- June 22 (Leaves from Illinois Monument Parking Lot, Cheatham Hill)
Participants should meet at the flagpole near the Visitor Center unless otherwise stated; no registration is required. for all hikes, please arrive ten minutes prior to start time for hike information; hikes begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. Be sure to bring water, long pants, and good hiking boots are recommended.
Staff reserves the right to change or cancel events due to inclement weather, staffing issues, or dangerous conditions. For more information, please call (770)-427-4686 ext. 0 between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.