What do you want from your national park experience?
Delight in the contrast between rock and sky. Enjoy the brilliance of the stars on a dark night. Inhale the scent of creosote bush after rain. Admire the agility of bighorn sheep as they scramble up impossible slopes. Appreciate the silence of the vast desert landscape.
No matter what adventure you seek in Joshua Tree, this Plan Your Visit section will help you prepare.
We look forward to welcoming you to Joshua Tree.
- Under Basic Information, find essential tips about visitor center hours, entrance fees, and the limits on where you can take pets.
- Visit Directions to see where Joshua Tree is located in southern California. Find out which park entrance will work best for you.
- See the Eating & Sleeping section for information about camping in the park. Though there are no restaurants or lodging inside Joshua Tree National Park, we provide contact information for the chambers of commerce in nearby communities.
- Find out about Places to Go and Things to Do in the park.
- Browse suggested Trip Itineraries.
- View our Calendar of events and plan to participate in a ranger-led program.
- Get important information about Safety.
- Discover other national park sites within a day's drive of Joshua Tree on the Nearby Attractions page.