Luminaries line the remains of the South Fork Dam and other park areas.
While the May 31st Anniversary Commemoration has passed, there are still lots of great events planned at Johnstown Flood National Memorial for this 125th Anniversary summer. Many of these events will be held through the end of September. Click here to see the complete Schedule of Events. NOTE: This schedule also includes events held at our sister national park, Allegheny Portage Railroad National Historic Site. For reservations or more information, please call (814) 495-4643. We hope to see you at the following presentations:
Journey Around Lake Conemaugh Van Tours:
These one-hour van tours will be offered three times daily at 10:00 am; 1:00 pm; and 3:00 pm through September 28. These tours take visitors around what was once Lake Conemaugh, with a stop at the South Fork Fishing & Hunting Club Clubhouse. Tours is included with the $4.00 park admission fee.
Path of the Flood Van Tours: (RESERVATIONS REQUIRED)
These 4-hour long tours take visitors along the path of the Great Flood of 1889 from Lake Conemaugh to Johnstown, passing through South Fork, Mineral Point, East Conemaugh and Woodvale along the way. This tour also includes an in-depth tour of the South Fork Fishing & Hunting Club Clubhouse. Tours begin at 1:00 and will be held on the following Saturdays: June 7; July 5 & 19; August 2 & 16; and September 13 & 27. Tour is included in the $4.00 park admission fee.
Path of the Flood Hikes: (RESERVATIONS REQUIRED)
Hikes are over for 2014, but check back in Spring of 2015 for next years dates!
Saturday Evening Programs: (Free program with no reservations required)
Saturday evening programs are over for 2014, but check back in Spring of 2015 for next years dates and speakers!