Due to the Industrial Rope Access Project at the Gateway Arch
Visitors may enter the Arch at the south leg only. Tram rides to the top are still available, the observation deck at the top will have restrictions. Usual walking paths may be closed; please look for signage or a Ranger for walking directions.
Jefferson National Expansion Memorial Expanded Hours For Summer 2008
Contact: Bob Moore, 314-655-1600
Starting Saturday May 24th, through Labor Day, September 1st, the Gateway Arch will operate on its summer schedule with the visitor center and museum open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., and the trams to the top of the Arch running from 8:15 a.m. to 9:10 p.m. Visitors wanting to avoid the busy late-morning and mid-day periods should take advantage of the less crowded evening hours to visit the Gateway Arch. To purchase advance tickets visit www.gatewayarch.com on the internet.
Did You Know?
Meriwether Lewis took his Newfoundland dog Seaman on the Lewis and Clark expedition? Seaman made the entire trip with the Corps and is credited with waking the members when a bison entered the camp and almost trampled them. Click here to learn more about Lewis and Clark. More...