• Looking up at the Gateway Arch


    National Expansion Memorial Missouri

There are park alerts in effect.
hide Alerts »
  • Pedestrian Access to the Gateway Arch From Downtown

    Pedestrian traffic on the Chestnut, Market St. and Pine St. bridges are closed. This leaves Walnut St. as the only point of entry to the Arch grounds from the city. If you park in the Arch garage there is access from the north end of the park. See maps. More »

Discounted Fees in Honor of Our Veterans

Subscribe RSS Icon | What is RSS
Date: November 6, 2009
Contact: Rick Ziino, 314-655-1725

Discounted Fees and Patriotic Programs at the Gateway Arch In Honor of Our Veterans

WHERE:   Gateway Arch Visitor Center, Jefferson National Expansion Memorial in downtown St. Louis, Missouri

WHEN:     Veterans Day Wednesday, November 11, 2009

WHAT:     Special programs will be featured in the Museum of Westward Expansion from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., with park rangers portraying a Frontier Soldier and a Military Surveyor. These programs will be on-going and interactive, with rangers explaining what life was like over 100 years ago for soldiers on the American frontier. All museum programs are free of charge.

In honor of our nation’s veterans and military families, the National Park Service will      waive the $3.00 entrance fee to the Gateway Arch on Veterans Day. This fee waiver also applies to other agencies within the Department of Interior as well as lands   managed by the Department of Agriculture’s National Forest Service.

Please Note: The fees to ride the tram to the top of the Gateway Arch and for viewing the films at the park will remain in effect on this day.

WHY:   The National Park Service honors this nation’s veterans and military families at a variety of National Historic Parks, Battlefields, Cemeteries and sites commemorating theirservice to this country and the freedoms enjoyed by all United States citizens.

Did You Know?

Dinosaur cartoon

On September 10, 1804 on Cedar Island, in South Dakota, William Clark discovered the fossilized remains of the ribs, backbone and teeth of a plesiosaur. Plesiosaurs were animals who lived at the same time as the dinosaurs, but swam rather than walking on land. Clark thought it was a giant fish bone! More...