Winter Hours at Jeff
St. Louis, MO – The day after Labor Day, September 5, 2006, the Gateway Arch returns to winter hours of operation, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily. Winter hours continue until the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, May 26, 2007. The hours for the Old Courthouse are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. year round. Jefferson National Expansion Memorial is closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day.
Winter offerings at Jefferson National Expansion Memorial will include:
Lewis and Clark: Remaking the American Westexhibit at the Museum of Westward Expansion September 20, 2006-September 23, 2007
Lewis and Clark Currents of Change The Final National Signature Event on the Riverfront and Osage: Original Allottee exhibitat the Old Courthouse.
Arts for the Parks exhibit at the Old Courthouse October 14, 2006-December 10, 2006
19th Century Christmas at the Old Courthouse.
Commemoration of the 150th Anniversary of the Dred Scott Decision
Jefferson National Expansion Memorial, established in 1935, is comprised of the Gateway Arch, Museum of Westward Expansion, and the Old Courthouse. This unit of the National Park System commemorates St. Louis’ role in the westward expansion of the United States during the 1800s and honors individuals such as Dred and Harriet Scott who sued for their freedom in the Old Courthouse.
All ranger-led and special museum programs are FREE of charge. Fees are charged for the tram ride to the top of the Gateway Arch and for the films shown in the Gateway Arch visitor center. For additional information, call 314/655-1700 weekdays, or 7-1-1 voice/TTY Telecommunications Relay Service. Visit us at www.nps.gov/jeff.