Front Door of the Garfield Home - start tours in the Visitor Center!
May 1 to October 31
James A. Garfield National Historic Site is open Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The site is closed Sundays and Mondays.
November 1 to April 30
James A. Garfield National Historic Site is open Saturdays only from noon to 5 p.m. (closed Sunday through Friday). Adult and school groups may make reservations during the week by calling 440-255-8722. Teachers may book field trips during this time by calling our main number, or Park Ranger Mary Lintern at 440-205-3825.
- Memorial Day, Monday May 27
- Independence Day, Thursday July 4
- Labor Day, Monday September 2
- Thanksgiving Day, Thursday November 28
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, Tuesday and Wednesday December 24 & 25
- New Years Day, Wednesday January 1
Fee Free Days:
- National Public Lands Day, Saturday September 28
- Veterans Day Weekend, Saturday November 9
The last house tour leaves at 4:15 p.m. daily. Tours may be limited.