06/14/2015Location: Begins at the National Constitution Center, 525 Arch Street and Independence Mall between Chestnut and Market Streets Time: 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM Fee Information: FREE
The celebration begins at the National Constitution Center with activities throughout the day on Independence Mall, including an exhibition of modern military vehicles such as tanks, Strykers, and troop transports. Other exhibitors will be on hand as well. Additional activities include:
- 10:00am to 10:15am - Flag raising ceremony at the National Constitution Center
- 10:30am to 10:45am - Historical and modern army units parade through Independence Mall to Independence Hall.
- 10:45am to 11:30am - Flag raising ceremony in front of Independence Hall and US Army birthday celebration
- 11:30am to 12noon - Skydivers dive onto Independence Mall
- 12noon to 3:00pm - Visitors are invited to ring the Freedom Bell located across from Independence Hall, on Chestnut Street.
Tags: NPS Centennial,Independence National Historical Park,Flag Day