Change in Park Hours
The Truman Home and Visitor Center are now closed Sundays, Mondays, & all federal holidays. The Truman Farm Home and the Noland Home are closed to the public.
If you wish to plan a field trip to Harry S Truman NHS, you will need to know the following:
- Reservations are required by contacting the Park's Interpretation Division at (816) 254-9929. Groups MUST begin at the Park's Visitor Center located at 223 North Main Street, on the Independence Square.
- The group can see a 12-minute film highligting Truman and his home.
- The group will then travel to the Truman Home where they will start at their reserved times.
- Due to Resource Protection, group size will be limited when touring through the home. Groups will experience some waiting time.
- Groups can visit the Noland Home, home to Harry's cousins, across from the Truman Home and explore self-guided exhibits. Restrooms and water fountains available.
- Groups are required to follow the Resource Protection rules that the Park Ranger provides before each tour.
- No fee is charged for school groups.
Find a Field Trip
There are no results that match your search. Please broaden your search criteria or start a new search.
Did You Know?
Harry Truman said, “Three things can ruin a man—money, power, and women. I never had any money, I never wanted power, and the only woman in my life is up at the house right now.”