Due to the Santa-Cali-Gon Days Festival (Aug. 29 - Sept. 1) in downtown Independence, parking will be limited around the park visitor center and surrounding neighborhoods. Please plan accordingly. The Truman Home will be open for tours.
If you wish to plan a field trip to Harry S Truman NHS, you will need to know the following:
- Reservations are required by contacting the Park's Interpretation Division at (816) 254-9929. Groups MUST begin at the Park's Visitor Center located at 223 North Main Street, on the Independence Square.
- The group can see a 12-minute film highligting Truman and his home.
- The group will then travel to the Truman Home where they will start at their reserved times.
- Due to Resource Protection, group size will be limited when touring through the home. Groups will experience some waiting time.
- Groups can visit the Noland Home, home to Harry's cousins, across from the Truman Home and explore self-guided exhibits. Restrooms and water fountains available.
- Groups are required to follow the Resource Protection rules that the Park Ranger provides before each tour.
- No fee is charged for school groups.
Find a Field Trip
There are no results that match your search. Please broaden your search criteria or start a new search.
Did You Know?
A favorite Truman getaway was the "Little White House" at Key West Naval Station in Florida. It was an ideal place to escape the pressures of Washington. He could fish, enjoy the sun, play poker, and get plenty of rest. Harry S Truman National Historic Site, Missouri