Change in Park Hours
The Truman Home and Visitor Center are now closed Sundays, Mondays, & all federal holidays. The Truman Farm Home and the Noland Home are closed to the public.
If you wish to plan a field trip to Harry S Truman NHS, you will need to know the following:
- Reservations are required by contacting the Park's Interpretation Division at (816) 254-9929. Groups MUST begin at the Park's Visitor Center located at 223 North Main Street, on the Independence Square.
- The group can see a 12-minute film highligting Truman and his home.
- The group will then travel to the Truman Home where they will start at their reserved times.
- Due to Resource Protection, group size will be limited when touring through the home. Groups will experience some waiting time.
- Groups can visit the Noland Home, home to Harry's cousins, across from the Truman Home and explore self-guided exhibits. Restrooms and water fountains available.
- Groups are required to follow the Resource Protection rules that the Park Ranger provides before each tour.
- No fee is charged for school groups.
Find a Field Trip
There are no results that match your search. Please broaden your search criteria or start a new search.
Did You Know?
The prime point of disagreement in Korean War peace talks was prisoner exchange. Some North Koreans didn’t want to be sent back, and this held up the return of South Korean & UN soldiers from prison camps in the North.