• water flowing over rocks into basin

    Hot Springs

    National Park Arkansas

There are park alerts in effect.
show Alerts »
  • RFP for Maurice and Libbey Bathhouses

    Requests for Proposals for the Maurice and Libbey Bathhouses are being accepted from 7/7/14 to 1/30/15. Click on the "Management" link in the left column for more information.

  • Elevator closure

    Hot Springs National Park regrets to announce that the elevator in the Fordyce Visitor Center is closed for maintenance. The upper and lower levels are accessible only by stairways. The elevator will be placed back into service in about 4 to 6 weeks.

Hot Springs National Park America the Beautiful Quarter Release

Shot from back of crowd, looking toward front of park administration building. Mint director is speaking from podium to left of fountain. Building front has coin banner and bunting hanging from 2nd story windows.
United States Mint Director Edmund Moy addresses the audience at the coin release ceremony. Looking on from the stage are Hot Springs National Park Superintendent Josie Fernandez and National Park Service Midwest Regional Office Director Ernie Quintana.
NPS photo by Gail Sears
 

April 20, 2010
A ceremony at 10 a.m. at the park administration building kicked off the release into national circulation of the first in the America the Beautiful Quarters(TM) series which features Hot Springs National Park. Classes from several area schools were part of the estimated 2500 onlookers.

Bank of America facilitated the exchange of cash for rolls of the quarters with a $100 limit. Following the ceremony, visitors joined the park for birthday cake.

Hot Springs Reservation was created by Congress with the signature of President Andrew Jackson on April 20, 1832.
View ceremony program (.pdf file).
Link to more photos.

April 19--Collectors Forum, 5-6 p.m.
Approximately 40 coin enthusiasts joined the director of the U.S. Mint at the Quapaw Baths and Spa reception room to hear about upcoming coin news. More information.

Did You Know?

black and white photo of Rector's bathhouse, a small one story frame building near the edge of Hot Springs Creek

In May 1862, Arkansas Governor Henry Massie Rector moved the state government to his hotel and bathhouse located on Hot Springs Reservation, now Hot Springs National Park. That July, the government seat was moved further south to Old Washington for the remainder of the Civil War.