Frequently Asked Questions--The Hot Spring Water
1) What makes the water hot?
2) Where's the recharge area for the hot springs?
3) What's in the hot spring water?
Radon gas emanation amounts to 43.3 picocuries per liter. This low level of radioactivity is well within safety limits. Exposure to air allows further dissipation of the gas.
4) How hot is the water?
5) How much hot spring water emerges each day?
6) Where do the hot springs emerge?
Did You Know?
In 1892 U.S. Army Lt. Robert R. Stevens hired the noted Boston firm of Frederick Law Olmsted to create landscaping plans for Hot Springs Reservation, now Hot Springs National Park. Stevens rejected the firm’s plans in 1893, but some features were adopted and still survive today.