Many commercial bus tours visit Homestead National Monument of America every year, as they are traveling through southeast Nebraska or the Beatrice area.To insure a pleasant and safe visit, commercial bus companies, guides, and drivers, are asked to please be aware of the following information.
Plan your group tour now for 2013!
View Sample Itineraries:
The speed limit on NE-Highway 4 is 45 mph. Please be aware of other vehicles and visitors on the roads and in the parking lots.
What to Do During Your Visit
1. Visit the award-winning Homestead Heritage Center that is home to the National Museum of Homesteading.
3. Travel back in time by visiting historic buildings including the Freeman School and Palmer-Epard Cabin
5. Shop, museum stores are available at the Heritage Center as well as the Education Center. Profits from sales are returned to the park to enhance educational and interpretive activities and fund research.
6. Exercise by walking the trail system through the tallgrass prairie or solitude of the bur oak forest.
7. Eat a picnic lunch at one of the picnic areas.
8. Have fun!!
To find out more about what visitors can do during their stay, click here.
Group tours visiting Beatrice, Nebraska, Southeast Nebraska or Northeast Kansas, can learn about these other sites to visit while in the area.
Did You Know?
Volunteers give over 27,000 hours of service to Homestead National Monument of America each year. If you would like to join, contact Susan Cook at 402-223-3514. -- Homestead National Monument of America