Tour bus group at Heritage Center
Many commercial bus tours visit Homestead National Monument of America every year, as they are traveling through southeast Nebraska or the Beatrice area.To insure a pleasant and safe visit, commercial bus companies, guides, and drivers, are asked to please be aware of the following information.
Plan your group tour now for 2013!
View Sample Itineraries:
Half Day #1
Half Day #2
Half Day #3
There are many special events and activities scheduled for 2013, the Year of the Homesteader. Check our schedule of events.
Also, check out these sample road trips from the Nebraska Tourism Commission:
Southeast Nebraska Tour
O' Pioneers: Exploring Southeast Nebraska (Group Tour)
Program Reservations & Cancellations
While it is not required, tour groups are encouraged to make reservations by calling 402-223-3514.
If it is necessary for your group to cancel or modify your visit, prior to the scheduled program please call (402)-223-3514.
There is no entrance fee to visit the monument and no extra charge for commercial bus or group tours. Bus parking is available at the Homestead Heritage and Education Centers as well as at the Freeman School.
The speed limit on NE-Highway 4 is 45 mph. Please be aware of other vehicles and visitors on the roads and in the parking lots.
What Your Passengers Will Receive
-Ranger-guided tours and walks are available free of charge upon request
-Official Homestead National Monument of America map and guide
What to Do During Your Visit
1. Visit the award-winning Homestead Heritage Center that is home to the National Museum of Homesteading.
View the 23-minute award-winning film "Land of Dreams, Homesteading America."
2. Enjoy special exhibits and farm/household displays at the Education Center.
3. Travel back in time by visiting historic buildings including the Freeman School and Palmer-Epard Cabin
4. Participate in special events, daily programs or other programs. Program schedules and upcoming special events can be found inside the Heritage and Education Centers or at www.nps.gov/home.
5. Shop, museum stores are available at the Heritage Center as well as the Education Center. Profits from sales are returned to the park to enhance educational and interpretive activities and fund research.
6. Exercise by walking the trail system through the tallgrass prairie or solitude of the bur oak forest.
7. Eat a picnic lunch at one of the picnic areas.
8. Have fun!!
To find out more about what visitors can do during their stay, click here.
Group tours visiting Beatrice, Nebraska, Southeast Nebraska or Northeast Kansas, can learn about these other sites to visit while in the area.
Beatrice Chamber of Commerce
Nebraska Travel and Tourism
Kansas Travel and Tourism
Lincoln Chamber of Commerce