1. This program begins with a brief introduction to the
National Park Service for first time students of our programs.
2. A brief of overview of the Homestead Act is discussed.
(Please note if you want a class on the requirements and impacts of the Homestead Act
please register for the Homestead Act of 1862 class)
3. A discussion on the types of houses built on the plains with a video is held.
4. A discussion on the chores of a homestead child is held with a video on milking cows.
5. A guided discussion on the inside of a log cabin with pictures.
6. If time allows there is a video on general stores and one on growing wheat not only to
show the process, but show how agricultural machinery has evolved.
7. Summary and questions.
Homestead National Monument of America is able to connect to students using several different technologies to include: H.323 (IP addresses) through a conference call. If you do not see the connection you are specifically looking for, please contact us at the information below.
Homestead National Monument of America partners with the Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration (CILC) to schedule programs. Accounts are free and there is no charge for any of our programs.
Please register for a program here.
If you are unable to register through CILC, please call Jesse Bolli at (402) 223-3514 or contact him via email.