Your Federal Historic Preservation Program
• $50.8 billion in private investment through Federal Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credits
• $1.4 billion in historic preservation grants
• 187,088 units of low and moderate income housing
• 83,884 listings in the National Register of Historic Places
• 60,000 jobs created annually through rehabilitation projects
• 27,000 historic structures and 68,000 archeological sites cared for by the National Park Service
• 2,461 National Historic Landmarks
• 1,661 Certified Local Governments, local partners in the Federal preservation program
• 40 National Heritage Areas
• 800 million acres of land surveyed for historic properties
• 3 million Federal undertakings reviewed for their
impact on historic properties
Discovering Historic Places in Brownsville, Texas. Preservation increases pride in local culture and historic sites. The City of Brownsville used a Preserve America grant to create a multimedia tour, signage, brochures, and kiosks highlighting the city's historic places. The project promotes Brownsville's history and encourages heritage tourism.
Welcome to the Preservation Technology Podcast, the show that brings you the people and projects that are advancing the future of America’s heritage. Listen to a podcast Patrick Sparks talks about Texas Dancehall Preservation and the Restoration of Hay Street Bridge.