|"The Joseph Henry Moser Barn, located in Silverton, Oregon, is significant locally under National Register Criterion A for its association with transportation, as it is an excellent example of a barn used as a support building for a livery business in the early-twentieth century. The barn is also eligible for the National Register of Historic Places under Criterion C for architecture, as an excellent example of an urban bank-barn constructed in the early-twentieth century. The barn has a German vernacular form, which could be associated with the Moser family's German heritage, and is rare barn type in the Willamette Valley. The building's construction was also well suited for its use. The barn's balloon-frame construction was an economical solution, requiring less labor to construct, and the ""light framing,"" roof system allowed for ""overhead storage of hay and feed without interference from supporting members."" The design allowed for a large, 24'- 4"" x 32' 2"" open hay storage space on the third level and ample animal and equipment storage on the lower two levels without using the heavy sawn-timber frame common in agricultural barns in the region. The Moser Barn's period of significance for Criterion A begins in 1910, the year of the barn's construction, and extends until 1914, when horse transportation began to decline because of the rise in automobile use. The period of significance for Criterion C begins in 1910, the year of the barn's construction, and ends in 1912, the year the north shed-roof addition was completed. This addition added considerable space to the lower level on the north fac;ade and offered a 13'-4"" x 32' 2"" storage space, with a hinged door to the front (east) fac;ade of the barn. The barn is significant locally to the City of Silverton as it is the only known barn standing within Silverton's city limits. It retains its integrity of location, design, setting, materials, workmanship, feeling, and association and is a rare intact example of a bank-barn and supplementary building for a livery business in Marion County."