Colorized photo of West side of town square in 1858, boot store in center of block. By the 1850s, Springfield was growing city, the capital of Illinois, and boasted a bustling downtown square built around the Capitol building. Lincoln purchased Mary Todd’s wedding ring at Chatterton’s Jewelry in the center of the block. This is a colorized photograph originally taken in 1858.
Paper. H 9, W 14 cm
Lincoln Home National Historic Site, LIHO 10291