Chandelier (one of a pair)
Neoclassical style; 1790-1810
This magnificent chandelier and its mate once hung in Lord Rothschild’s mansion in London. The pair were given to Hampton at the time of the site’s opening to the public in 1950 by Ailsa Mellon Bruce. Her Avallon Foundation had purchased Hampton from the Ridgely family and presented the mansion and grounds as a gift to the National Park Service in 1948.
Glass, bronze, brass. H 132, W 102 cm
Hampton National Historic Site, HAMP 5788