Argand Lamp (one of a pair)
Neoclassical style; 1825-1845
This is one of a pair of highly ornate Argand lamps that have been in use in Hampton’s Music Room since at least the 1880s. Though time consuming to clean and maintain properly, Argand lamps were popular because they produced light the equivalent of 6 to 10 candles.
Bronze, brass, glass. H 62, W 38 cm
Hampton National Historic Site, HAMP 2953